Indoor Products > Unit Heaters > Gas-Fired Unit Heaters/Duct Furnaces > Blower Type > TC Series
The Sterling “TC” Series gas-fi red unit heater offers a highly efficient, extremely durable alternative to traditional clam shell designs. These blower type units combine the latest tubular heat exchanger and in-shot burner technology with the quality and reliability you have come to know from Sterling. Units are available in sizes 100 to 400 MBH. Standard energy saving features like the direct spark ignition and power venting reduce standby losses and offer improved seasonal efficiencies. The “TC” is certified by ETL as providing 83% thermal (combustion) efficiency.
Tubular Heat Exchanger
The Sterling tubular heat exchanger has been designed to provide maximum and uniform heat transfer. The low pressure drop associated with this design enables heated air to be evenly distributed to the conditioned space. This curved, non-welded serpentine design experiences less thermally induced stress making it highly durable for significantly longer service life. All standard Sterling tubular heat exchangers are constructed of heavy duty 20-gauge aluminized steel with an optional 409 stainless steel heat exchanger available for applications in mildly corrosive environments.
Direct Spark Ignition System
Sterling “TC” units utilize a direct spark pilotless ignition of the burner, providing fast heat delivery. This highly reliable and efficient ignition system incorporates an integrated electronic control board to regulate the system sequence of operation, including an onboard LED indicator for simple troubleshooting.
The Sterling “TC” unit heater is ETL certified in accordance with categories I and III venting requirements. Thiscertifi cation allows units to be vented both vertically and horizontally using either single wall or double wall venting materials. This venting flexibility of the “TC” unit heater makes installation easier and more cost effective by allowing the installer to utilize existing venting components.
Designed with the service person in mind, every component of the Sterling “TC” Series is easily accessible. Ignition and fan controls are located in one centrally located control panel. The access door provides control isolation as well as a pleasing exterior appearance.
- In-shot burner design
- 20-gauge steel jacket with baked enamel finish
- Main control panel
- 120/1/60 supply voltage
- Power vented - isolated blower type unit
- 115/1/60 volt blower motor with internal overload protection
- 120/24 volt control transformer
- Direct spark ignition
- Individually adjustable and removable louvers
- Redundant single stage gas valve
- 10 year heat exchanger, flue collector and burner warranty
- 409 Stainless steel heat exchanger
- Stainless steel burners and flue collectors
- Supply voltages: 208 & 230/1/60 and 230, 460, 575/3/60
- Premium efficiency blower motors in ODP and TE types
- Two stage and various electronic modulation gas controls
- Discharge nozzles (30°, 60° & 90°) or duct flange assembly
- All Products Sales Catalog - HVAC Equipment
- Indoor Gas-Fired Heating Equipment Application Manual
- Indoor Unit Heaters Sales Pocket Brochure - Tubular, Hydronic, QV Duct Furnaces
- Installation & Operation Manual for TC Tubular Blower Unit Heater
- Model TC - CSI Format Specification
- Replacement Parts Catalog for Commercial Tubular Gas Fired Equipment with Direct Spark
- Submittal - TC Series Tubular Blower Unit Heater
- TC Series Tubular Blower Unit Heater Brochure
- Y-Splitter Nozzle Kit for Tubular Unit Heaters 100-400 MBH